Friday, February 8, 2013

remember my new wok stove?

I added legs to it so now its the right height.  No more Asian squat.  Ive been using it quite a bit and LOVE IT.  If I had the choice of having one in the kitchen Im not sure I would want to.  Even though we have a commercial grade hood in the kitchen I dont know if it would be strong enough to vent the smoke and oil that burns off during cooking. Its a monster.  Prep my ingredients. 
  -1 pack of chow fun noodles
-a huge handful of sprouts
-some chopped up bokchoy
-3 green onions sliced in 1.5 inch lenghts
-half an onion sliced
-5 ounces of beef marinated in 2tb shao xing rice wine, 2tsp oyster sauce, and 2tsp cornstarch
-4 cloves of garlic minced
-2tb dark soy sauce
-2tb light soy sauce
-2tsp sugar
-1/2 tsp pepper
get your shit ready youll have to act quick with the wok on such a high heat.
hot woke, add 2tb oil and stir fry the beef until just cooked.  transfer to a bowl
heat up 1tb oil and add noodles and stire fry until just turned soft.
add dark soy and stir fry long enough to mix the noodles and soy transfer to a bowl
add 1tb oil and stir fry garlic onions and green onions for 1 minute.
add the light soy, sugar, pepper, noodles, and beef and stir fry until everything is coated.
add the sprouts and stir around until mixed and turn off the heat.
DONE
  YUM

I feel like we eat a fairly mixed variety of ethnic food.  Spanish style duck over rice.

hamachi tataki

a 'healthy' donburi with pork I got from the butchery class. mmmm

No comments:

Post a Comment