Friday, August 31, 2012

Other night I was still hungry after a full dinner... so I made myself some dessert.

 Whats this special package?

YAY!!!! dont worry Amina they are not for me.  Theyre a gift.

What am I cooking up today you ask?

BRAINNNNNSS!!!  no im kidding its sweetbreads.  Sous vide for an hour at 67 degrees... Season and finish them off in a pan and serve with some delicious sauce.  Took a pic because they looked like brains. 

and while the immersion circulator is out cook-chill some lamb chops for Sundays dinner.  
Cook-Chill= cooking the product and then chilling it quickly in an ice bath and then storing either in the fridge or freezer.  Since it stays vacuum packed air never hits it and it tastes just as good tomorrow, next day, day after that.  Just sear it in the pan and serve it with no appreciable loss in quality or flavor.  Thats the beauty of sous vide cooking for busy professionals.  Make a weeks worth of protein and store in the freezer or fridge. BAM!!!!

Had some salmon the other night.  Love salmon.  My stupid foam didnt hold up.  Needed more soy lecithin.

This looks like a flag.  It should be the flag for Hungary.

No comments:

Post a Comment